JLD & MB has a particularly strong Oil and Gas practice and has significant experience in both the upstream and downstream sectors. The Firm provides advice to some of the world’s foremost oil and gas companies on the legal and regulatory framework governing the oil and gas industry in Ghana.
- Advising ExxonMobil on its entry into the Ghanaian upstream market, including advice on Petroleum Agreement negotiations, local content and other matters.
- Advising major players in the industry including Tullow Ghana, Heritage Exploration and Production Ghana and Yinson on various legal and regulatory matters including local content requirements.
- Advising a key client on contractual matters arising as a result of default under a Petroleum Agreement and a Joint Operating Agreement involving leading oil producing companies.
- Providing legal and regulatory advice with respect to the West African Gas Pipeline for the transmission of natural gas in West Africa.
- Advising BP Oil International Plc on its downstream activities in Ghana.