Our lawyers have significant expertise in advising clients on the legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to the Minerals and Mining industry in Ghana and we have participated in several notable transactions in the Mining Sector. Our experience encompasses, inter alia, regulatory and licensing matters, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and labour issues.
The Firm acts for a number of local and international mining companies and our work in this sector includes the following notable transactions:
- Advising AngloGold Limited in respect of its USD 1.89 billion merger with Ashanti Goldfields Ltd, Ghana’s largest gold producer at the time.
- Kinross Africa S.L with respect legal and regulatory compliance matters including licensing and labour matters.
- Advising Cardinal Resources Limited and structuring the transaction on the acquisition of mineral rights in Ghana.
- Advising Iron Ridge Resources with respect to acquisition of lithium mineral rights in Ghana and conducting due diligence on a number of potential targets.
- Providing legal services to several international mining companies on restructuring their operations in Ghana, including assistance to obtain consents from the Minerals Commission and Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources.
- Advising an investor with respect to the disposal of its multimillion US Dollar mining interests in Ghana.